Full boarding may be the right option for some families but, for others a more flexible approach is necessary. Girls can board at The Mount School on a full, weekly, or flexible basis.
Boarding at The Mount is designed with the needs of the modern family life in mind
The small nature of the Boarding House creates a genuine family atmosphere, ensuring that all boarders, full-time or flexible, are fully integrated in to the boarding community.
Full, weekly and flexi-boarding
A full-time boarder stays seven nights per week during term time, where they are looked after by a team of dedicated and enthusiastic residential staff.
A flexi-boarder stays five nights a week. Pupils may choose to weekly board because they have a long commute to School, their parents may have weekly work commitments or they simply prefer the structure of the week and a focus of supervised Prep.
Flexible boarding provides girls with the opportunity to board for one, two or three nights per week, or on a more ad-hoc basis. Pupils may choose to flexi-board for a multiple of reasons:
- Pupils with after School extra-curricular commitments may benefit from spending a few nights in boarding.
- It allows working parents to fulfil work commitments in the knowledge that their children are being safely cared for.
- Pupils who have longer journeys to school might prefer to spend a few nights in the House during the week.
- It can benefit students who need structured Prep time, especially surrounding the exam period.
- It can provide a secure environment to meet unexpected family difficulties.
- It fosters independence in preparation for living away from home.