At The Mount Sixth Form we set the bar high for our students and they obtain excellent results.

The Mount Senior School is North Yorkshire’s top performing Girls’ School 

In Summer 2017 our A Level results put us 134th in the Independent Schools’ Council league tables for the percentage of A*/A grades (46%), surpassing all other all-girls schools in the North.

2017 Examination Results A-Level

Percentage % of entries at the following grades:
A* 17%
A and above 46%
B and above 80%
C and above 100%

To view The Mount School’s A Level Results from 2013-2017 please click on the following link. The Mount School Exam Results (2013-2017

University Destinations

Students from The Mount Sixth Form regularly accept offers from their first-choice universities. Each year, our girls proceed to a broad range of university destinations, with most leavers accepting offers from Oxbridge, Russell Group and international universities. In 2017 89% of girls left to attend University in the following Autumn, with the remaining 11 % taking a planned gap year.

Leavers' Destinations 2017
University of Birmingham Modern Languages
University of Birmingham Physiotherapy
University of Bristol Dentistry
University of Bristol Physics and Philosophy
Cardiff University Computer Science
Cornell University (USA) Hotel Administration
University of Edinburgh Geography
University of Edinburgh History & Politics
University of Exeter Civil & Environmental Engineering
Leeds College of Art Art Foundation Year
Imperial College London Electrical & Electronic Engineering
University College, London Applied Medical Sciences
University College, London Psychology with Education
University of Manchester Geography and Geology
University of Manchester Management (Accounting & Finance)
Manchester Metropolitan University Design Engineering
Manchester Metropolitan University Nutritional Sciences
Newcastle University Geography
Newcastle University Marketing & Management
Newcastle University Politics
Newcastle University Urban Planning
University of Northampton Policing
University of Northumbria Social Sciences
University of Nottingham Management
University of Nottingham Philosophy, Politics, Economics
University of Oxford French
University of Oxford Medicine
Oxford Brookes University Accounting & Finance
University of Reading Language Sciences and Psychology
University of Sheffield International Relations & Politics
University of Warwick Accounting & Finance

To view previous  year’s University Destinations please click on the following link. The Mount School York University Destinations 2013-2016