Who we are
The Mount School York is a leading independent day and boarding school. The Mount School York welcomes pupils from age 2-18. The following Privacy Notice’s cover parents and prospective parents of children in the Pre-School, Junior School, Senior School and College, pupils age 2-18, staff, volunteers, governors and Mount Old Scholars.
The Privacy Notice together with any documents referred to explains how we, collect store, use and process your data.
The School is a Data Controller for the purposes of Data Protection Law which means it determines how an individual’s personal data is processed and for what purposes. This notice covers The Mount School York and the family of organisations associated with the School.
- The Mount School York. The Mount School York provides education to pupils from age 2-18. Registered Company Number 1686186. Registered Charity Number 513646
- The Mount School Estates Ltd. Registered company Number 3456402
- The Mount School York Foundation. The Mount School York Foundation provides charitable support to the Mount School. Registered Charity Number 1171116
- The Mount School Association (MSA) is run by parents to support fundraising and social events. n/a
- The Mount Old Scholar’s Association (MOSA) aims to ensure that all alumnae stay connected with the School and one another after they have left the School. n/a
The Mount School York values your privacy and the safety and security of your personal data is of utmost importance to us. To find out more detailed information on how your data will be processed, securely stored and your rights please view the relevant our ‘Privacy Notice’ and our Data Protection Policy below.
The notice’s will help you understand how and why The Mount School York collects personal information (or ‘data’) and how we will use (or ‘process’) that information. The information provided in the Privacy Notice is provided in accordance with the rights of individuals under the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations (from 25 May 2018).
This Privacy Notice also applies in addition to the School’s relevant terms and conditions and policies, including:
- Any contract between the School and the parents of pupils
- Data Protection Policy
- Health and Safety Policy
- Safeguarding and Child Protection Policy
- Responsible Use of ICT Pupil Agreement
All policies can be requested to view via the Principal’s PA firstname.lastname@example.org
What personal data we collect on out website
If you use a contact form on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
Embedded content from other websites
Further Information and Guidance
The Director of Business Operations is the person responsible at The Mount School York for managing how we look after personal information and deciding how it is shared. Like all organisations we are required to keep your information safe, up-to-date, only use it for what we said we would, destroy it when we no longer need it and most importantly treat the information we get fairly.
Please contact the Director of Business Operations if:
- You object to us using your information for marketing purposes e.g. to send you information about School events.
- You would like us to update the information we hold about you.
- You would prefer that certain information is kept confidential.
If you have a concern about the way The Mount School York is collecting or using your personal data, you can raise a concern with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). The ICO can be contacted on 0303 123 1113 or via https://ico.org.uk/concerns/