The Mount School York is consistently one of the top performing schools in York and the North of England. The Mount Girls achieve excellent results at A Level and GCSE, securing places at top universities in the UK and abroad.  In Summer 2017, our A Level results put us as the top Independent Girls’ School in Yorkshire

A Level Results 2017

Percentage of entries at the following grades
A* 17%
A and above 46%
B and above 80%
A* - E 100%
  • 89% of girls attending University in Autumn 2017 with the remaining 11% taking a planned gap year.
  • Places gained at top Universities including Oxford, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Exeter, Imperial College London and Cornell (USA).
  • Subjects being studied include Dentistry, Politics, Engineering, History, Physics and Philosophy, Hospitality Management, Medicine and Modern Languages.
  • To find out more about University Destinations please click here

GCSE Result 2017

In 2017, The Mount celebrated an outstanding set of GCSE, with over one third of girls gaining seven or more A*-A grades, whilst 90% achieved one or more A*-A grade.  57% of all results were graded A*-A.  Results across the year were strong, 92% of the overall grades were A*- C while 75% of grades were A*-B

Percentage of entries at the following grades
A* 33%
A and above 57%
B and above 75%
C and above 92%

To view A Level & GCSE results from 2013-2017 please click on the following link The Mount Exam Results (2013-2017)