At The Mount Sixth Form our culture encourage girls to believe that nothing is beyond their reach. Every one of our girls grow into bold and independent young women.

Being in he Sixth Form is a time when girls experience rapid personal and academic development, as they become young women. Having a girls’ only Sixth Form enables our girls to continue their learning and develop their leadership skills without distractions or limited opportunities. Below are some of the many benefits of choosing an all-girls education at The Mount Sixth Form.

Academic Achievement

In The Mount Sixth Form girls are free to pursue academic excellence in any subject. The results speak for themselves. In 2017, 45% of all A Level results were A*-A. 89% of girls went on to attend Universities with the remaining 11% taking a planned gap year. Places were gained at top Universities including Oxford, Newcastle, Edinburgh, Exeter, Imperial College London and Cornell (USA).

Tailored Teaching

Girls mature faster than boys and so does the way they learn. Our A level teaching is tailored to empower our girls, inspiring and motivating them as their intellect develops. Mount girls are free to participate in all lessons in all subjects without the teacher’s attention being dominated by the needs of boys.

Encouragement in every subject

In The Mount Sixth Form there is no gender stereotyping, especially when it comes to subject selection.  We want our girls to choose the A level courses that suit them and their passions.  We champion the educational needs of groups where girls are underrepresented in STEM and major careers. Compared to Co-ed schools girls educated at all-girls school are three times more likely to go on and study STEM careers (GSA research).

 

Leadership and Role Models

At The Mount girls occupy every role; every lead part in the play, every position in every team, every leadership role. Mount Sixth Form girls have a wealth of opportunities for self-exploration and development. Our girls are inspired to take charge and put themselves forward. Sixth Form girls act as role models for our younger students who learn that girls can confidently lead.

Career Aspirations

We are dedicated to helping our pupils flourish during their final school years whilst preparing them for life beyond school.  Career aspirations are not limited and girls are encouraged to believe in themselves.  If girls want to study Engineering, Medicine, Fashion, Art, take a gap year or enter the world of work we will help them achieve this.   Popular courses with Mount girls have been as wide ranging as Engineering, Dentistry, Modern Languages, Medicine, Marketing, Politics, Policing, History and Hotel Management, to name but a few.